Am I Going to Heaven
I’ve done more good in my life than I have bad. Therefore, I should make it.
I go to church. So, I should go to Heaven
I give money and help people. So, I should make it in.
I’m too bad of a person to be able to go to Heaven.
These statements are misconceptions. They sound like they should make sense, but they are completely wrong!
When talking about Heaven, we should go to the one who created, owns, and runs the place – God. The Bible is a wonderful book that tells the story of how God in an incredible display of love and creative power made the entire universe and mankind. Mankind turned away from God and then God went through great lengths, culminating with sending His own Son Jesus Christ, to bring us back to Himself.
Several things are very clear in the Bible
- We are all sinners. The Bible tells us in the book of Romans “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,”
- there is a compensation or payment for our sin. The Bible also tells us in the book of Romans “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- God loves us and wants us to be with Him. The Bible tells us again in the book of Romans “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Salvation (That is what this is. He is saving us from our own sin) is a free gift offered by God. The Bible tells us in John “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- In order to go to Heaven, you must receive this gift from God. The Bible in Romans also says, “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”
So, what happens when you receive God's gift of Salvation?
There are many things that happen once you become a Christian by accepting God's gift. Here are a few.
- Your sins are all forgiven
- You become a child of God
- The Holy Spirit comes to live inside of you
- God begins to change the way you live
- You become part of what is known as the "Body of Christ"
- God promises you Heaven
There are many more things that happen when you accept this incredible gift, but the accepting part is all up to you. If you would like to become a real Christian, a child of God, and know for certain you are going to go to Heaven, then accept His gift. Simply pray, ask Christ to come into your life and forgive you, and to save you. Ask Him to change you. Acknowledge Him as your Lord, your king. When you do this, He promises to come into you and save you. When you do this, or if you have any questions, please contact us through our contact page to let us know. Walking with God is a wonderful journey and we would love to walk with you on it.